Getting Firefly to work with Visual C# Express Edition

Jan 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM
I've began to notice that a lot of the tools used with visual studio 2008 are not incorporated in the express editions.  One of the first things I'm going to work on is figuring out how to get everything working much as possible for future team members that only have the express editions.  If there is anyone out there that has already figured all this information out for their own purposed I would appreciate feedback.  Thanks a lot.
Jan 4, 2009 at 7:43 PM
If you reference the closed Issue that I opened, this will solve one of the problems keeping Firefly from working.  It is not restricted to just Express users, however, it all depends on your device in your system.  Eventually we will fix the actual problem by dealing with both types of levels used for the Texture2D.  My branch will have the number set to 1, and Mike's as of now will have it set to 0.  So, if you download and use my branch in the express version it should work right away.  You may be able to get better quality with it set to 0 if your device supports it.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM
I have never actually used the Express versions but I will put some time into playing with it, the tools and source code and see if I can identify any problems.

Mike